June 10 – August 4, 2012. Georgetown University, Washington, DC. www.DCinternships.org
** FULL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ESTONIAN CITIZENS **
The Fund for American Studies has several full scholarships available for students from Estonia to attend one of five summer institutes held in Washington, DC. Each of the programs enable students to get a first-hand look at the American system of government by living, learning and interning in Washington for eight weeks.
The following Institutes will be held from June 10 – August 4, 2012 at Georgetown University:
· Engalitcheff Institute on Comparative Political and Economic Systems: For students interested in economics, government and international affairs
· Institute on Economics and International Affairs (IEIA): For students interested in international affairs and economics
· Institute on Political Journalism: For students interested in journalism or communications
· Institute on Business and Government Affairs: For students interested in how business influences government and the political process
· Institute on Philanthropy and Voluntary Service: For students interested in nongovernmental organizations or civil society
Students live and study at Georgetown University while interning for approximately 30 hours per week. Experts from journalism, business, public policy and the nonprofit sector engage students in weekly dialogues held both at Georgetown and at locations such the World Bank and Capitol Hill.
Application and Scholarship Information
For more information and to begin an online application please visit www.DCinternships.org. The application deadline for Estonian students is February 7, 2012.
Several full scholarships are available through the generous support of Louis DeJoy and his wife, former U.S. Ambassador to Estonia Aldona Wos. Scholarship funding includes tuition, housing and a travel stipend.
The $50 application fee will be waived for Estonian applicants.
Questions about the programs or application process may be directed to Mary Stankus, Recruitment and Admissions Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-986-0384.