The aim of the Baltic Heritage Network seminars is to bring together diaspora researchers from different fields of study (history, sociology, cultural studies, literature, art, music and others): university students at bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral studies level.
The seminars also welcome university students who are just beginning to look into diaspora studies as well as experienced researchers who are willing to share their expertise with junior colleagues.
Topics for presentations include, but are not limited to the following:
– new research findings on the Baltic diaspora
– how to research the past and present of the Baltic diaspora communities
– availability of (historical) sources and data pertaining to the Baltic diaspora
– researcher as collector, researcher as oral historian
– what could be done by memory institutions to make the cultural heritage of the Baltic diaspora more accessible and available
Please feel free to propose additional topics.
The seminar will be conducted in English and is free of charge for all participants.
Please send abstracts (max 200 words) to maarjamerivooparro[at]gmail.com. The deadline for submissions is September 10th 2022.